Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Beta vs. Motor City Comic Con

I was going to work on a review of Dark Shadows but a mix of laziness and a trip to a convention derailed my plans a bit.  What convention you ask? Why none other than the Motor City Comic Con.  I don't go to conventions often, mainly because they cost money I don't have any money.  But this one happens to mostly be a bunch of vendors selling stuff so the cost of admission wasn't that high. The Lady loves going to these kind of things so she thought it'd be fun if we went.

About twelve years ago I used to go to this thing every year (It used to be twice a year and I often went to both) so I thought it'd be fun if I filmed d a little bit of it for prosperity.  Check out what I came up with.


I didn't want to be an asshole with a video camera filming every damn thing so we took some photos as well.  Check them out after the jump.



There was a pretty serious line outside the con and it didn't help that it was pretty hot at this point.  I consider the Motor City Comic Con to be a fairly minor con but damn it there wasn't a lot of people pouring in all day.


This is me standing in front of 'The Convention".  I think I maintain this pose for the next two hours.


This was pretty cool: this is Deadpool trapped in a jail being guarded by a Mandalorian (Boba Fett maybe?), likely collecting what must be a huge bounty.  Sadly we didn't get a good shot of the prison guard but luckily I got some decent footage of the two of them in the above video.


Me again, slightly terrified that the stuffed tauntaun in the background will eat me.


There's never any shortage of dudes wearing impressive Stormtropper and/or Clone Trooper armor at conventions like these.  (And yes, they did confiscate my droids)


Me and my new friend.  He tells me that if I help him and his people with some minor acts of sabotage they'll reward me by giving me absolute control over my "primitive people".  Sweet deal!


As you probably well know I'm no fan of Jason Todd.  But damn this was a cool Red Hood costume!  I decided not to ask him why he kept trying to kill his foster brothers and now expects us all to simply forget about his various acts of murder and terrorism; I didn't want to ruin the moment.


There was not a huge amount of anime costumes during my time at the convention, which is a stark contrast from when I was in High School.  But on the way out we saw these two kids dressed as characters from Soul Eater and I just had to get a picture.  Even Death the Kid cosplayers can't figure out how to hold guns properly.

 

The Lady took this last picture as we walked back to my car.  It's Lady Loki and Lady Thor! If I recall correctly both those characters were turned into women at some point (though I think Thor was turned into one in an alternate future so it may not count).


And finally here's The Lady dressed as Lieutenant Uhura, taken before we actually left for the con.  I think she's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...